- Draw a body template. If you will be drawing a lot of clothes, you will not want to draw the body every time- just the clothes. But drawing clothes without the body sometimes results in incorrectly proportioned results.
- If you doubt your ability, simply trace one from a book or magazine or ask a skilled friend to do it for you.
- Scan your body drawing. if you have computer skills, put it in Photoshop or other similar application and make it so that there are 4-8 of the body on the page. Print a few sheets out. If you aren nott a computer whiz, just photocopy
- You can start by drawing clothes you want, things you have seen that you liked, or how you would modify your own clothes if you could.
- If you like the drawing, you can outline it in black and add color.
illustration by Anik Pujiati